New Year, Who Dis: 2020 Awkwardly Not Realizing It’s Over
by Joe Flaco --- January 5, 2021
Welcome to 2021, everyone! As the X-Men would say, hope you survive the experience. 2020 was a depressing year, but as I said, in a previous post, I nonetheless did a good number of Corgi Boss strips, and I had some personal successes.
Obviously, now is the time for me to do some goal-setting. While I check Twitter to see if the Electoral College will be the Gandalf to the Balrog of the end of American democracy (You shall not pass!), I’ll be once again trying to zero in on some goals. I figured I’d post them here because the fun part of public goals is that people you know can watch you fail.
- Update every week on Tuesday for the entirety of 2020. Corgi Boss will, in a few weeks, be at the half-way point I’ve envisioned for it (150 strips is half of the 300 I plan to do). I want to keep up that momentum!
- Do more blog posts with those updates. Hey! Look! I just did one. *Pats self on back*
- Get that Corgi Boss Instagram account going. It’s here! Tell your friends and have them log on and follow on their Smartish Devices. I’ll post some in-progress work like I do on Twitter, but it’ll look more beautiful because it’s Instagram. #Influencer
- Tchotchkes! This isn’t the start of Corgi Boss LLC, but I’d like to learn how to do some enamel pins, etc.
- Ko-fi. Link my Ko-fi on things so people can support the comic if they like it. Here’s a first go of that.
OK! We’ll see how all this goes, but I’m starting 2021 with some ambitions.