Updates on Tuesdays
June 4, 2023
Daring: 29 More Halloween Costumes that Blur the Line Between Average Trick-or-Treater and Vengeful Serial Killer Rendering Judgements Upon Victims
Posted November 2, 2017 at 12:01 am
This is the second Halloween themed strip this week. This one features a Halloween party! While the Hobarken Herald’s party cannot possibly compare to Heidi Klum’s annual bash, I think everyone except for Joe had a good time. What are the costumes in the strip?
- Once again, Kiara is dressed as Storm from the X-men.
- Alma is still creeping everybody out in the background.
- The Hawk is dressed as another New Jersey native and comic book character, Ms. Marvel.
- Kimber, always pushing the envelope (to put it far too nicely), is dressed in the infamous sexy-Eleven costume that was in the news. She made some alterations to it for the present version. :-/
- Joe is dressed as Poe Dameron, the famous space-Latino from Star Wars. At least that’s how I refer to him since he’s my favorite character from the recent movies.
- Finally, the janitor is dressed as a janitor because he still has to work. Poor guy!
Regarding the plot, don’t you think Joe always picks the most romantic locations to spark something with Kiara? First a random pub table (not even a booth!), and now a dirty janitor closet? What the hell, dude?
Trivia: This is the least of Kimber’s offensive costumes. One year she dressed as a dog, making the boss livid about the cultural appropriation. Needless to say she was in the doghou—she was in trouble—for a while after that.